
For those of you that don’t know (and honestly, you probably all know because my complaints reach to the end of the world) I am currently working at the Southern Nevada Water Systems water treatment plant near Lake Mead. It is a pretty boring job since I am almost done with the projects that were supposed to last me all summer, and that’s going as slow as I can! Anyway, I heard this song on the radio when I was driving home the other day and I was laughing so hard because I couldn’t believe how appropriate it was to my situation. I only posted an excerpt of the lyrics; it's a pretty good song if you want to look it up. However, there are some swear words - I'm sorry, I didn't write it. The above picture is the band Styx, just for the sake of having a picture.
Too Much Time on My Hands
Styx
Is it any wonder Im not crazy?
is it any wonder Im sane at all
Well Im so tired of losing-
I got nothing to do and all day to do it
I go out cruisin but Ive no place to go and all night to get there
Is it any wonder Im not a criminal?
Is it any wonder Im not in jail?
Is it any wonder Ive got
Too much time on my hands, its ticking away with my sanity
Ive got too much time on my hands,
its hard to believe such a calamity
Ive got too much time on my hands and its ticking away from me
Too much time on my hands, too much time on my hands
Too much time on my hands
.....you've got to love such clever lyrics...
4 comments:
That IS a pretty appropriate song...Just keep telling yourself, "Ten-fifty an hour for a summer job." Repeat as often as necessary to make it through the excruciating eight hours a day...
Wow, with all that extra time on your hands, you should be posting daily! ;)
if you have so much time why don't you post daily. And i am jealous you have so cool job. Just go and chill out.
Excellent lyrics. Apparently they DID (have too much time on their hands...get it?...yeah...) I agree with your mother. Well-put. ;)
If you're allowed to talk on the phone at work, you could always call me and then we could mutually alleviate some boredom.
Post a Comment