Sorry about the lack of pictures. I've been taking pictures of the food but I lost my camera cord. Next time I suppose.
April 9 - Made crepes with Abby. Strawberries have been on sale like crazy so we cut some up for the crepes. We also had other delectable toppings such as whip cream, coconut, micro-grated chocolate, honey, and powdered sugar. I could probably eat crepes all the time.
April 12 - I made strawberry-spinach salad with homemade poppyseed dressing (without the poppyseeds...does that count?). I also made a pitcher of homemade gingerade! I got this idea from Manda because she was talking about how Allyson's friend Becky's mom used to make it. I thought it sounded worth a try to I made some. And let me tell you - it is pretty good. At least I like it. But I had Lamoni try some and he said it would kill a small animal. It does kind have quite a kick to it. What do you all think? Does ginger taste good, or does it just make things taste like cleaner?
April 18 - I made black beans for the first time. I had the realization that with my food budget, meat is often a rarity. So I tried to think of some cheaper protein alternatives. Beans were the first to come to mind, since they are cheap, store well, and I love 'em. With Lamoni's help I learned that it is a relatively easy, if not long, process that I will definitely be doing again. I also made some rice and tortillas to go with them.
April 19 - Made Chili Potato Fries. Quick, easy, and delicious. There was also a jalapeƱo dip that went with them but I didn't have all the ingredients for that.
April 22 - I made Brazilian black bean soup. It was really good! I got the recipe from this site. Everyone should check it out. I'm hooked. Thank you April Kim for introducing me to the site:)
April 23 - Made turkey burgers and sweet potato fries. They turned out alright.
April 26 & 28 - I made an abundant supply of gnocchi and froze them in individual serving bags in the freezer. Gnocchi forever. Now, I must experiment with more. I think I'm going to make some spinach gnocchi and see how it turns out.
3 comments:
They all sound pretty much delish. I love "Our Best Bites."
Sounds quite yummy!
Glad you're back! You read a lot. And cook a lot. Perhaps we are friends... :) I made some "butternut squash ravioli with buttery herb sauce" for dinner tonight (Asher's pick) and it was sadly not worth the extensive effort. :( Maybe I'll stick with gnocchi, too.
Post a Comment