Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Big News!

I believe mostly everyone knows by now, but if you have not heard Lamoni and I are expecting our first child! We are pretty excited and nervous but we consider it a HUGE blessing. I'm secretly hoping for a boy just because we only have one boy among my siblings' children (Tyler). But, Lamoni thinks it will be a girl and the only names we can agree on are girl names so that may be a sign...

The thing that has been worrying me lately is WHERE and with WHOM I am going to have this baby. I am pretty set on having as natural a birth as possible. I would even do an at-home birth with a midwife but when my husband races to the ER every time one of us gets sick it is a little hard to get his support on that one. That is why I am putting a word out, especially to those of you in Utah. Do you have any suggestions as to clinics, birthing centers, hospitals, and even providers that are known for their emphasis on natural/low-intervention births?

5 comments:

Diana Smith said...

yay babies are such a blessing! I know that right now its kinda crazy and you might be sooo confused as what to do, but just take each day at a time and you have an awesome support system of friends and family!

Linda said...

Congratulations, again! Hope you can come up with a plan that works for all three of you! Love you.

Unknown said...

I highly recommend taking a Hypnobirthing class...as a natural-birth relaxation aide is is unbeatable! I loved it!

Here's something you need to know: if you plan on using a midwife, there are several good ones in Utah county...but...they can only deliver at certain hospitals. In Utah, some hospitals do not allow midwives to deliver babies...I know, weird, but true.

I believe that American Fork is one of the Midwife friendly hospitals in the area, and they may even have a midwives clinic nearby...something to look into!

Susan said...

I thought Tyler was a girl cause we had the same name problem! And then with Aubrey we could only think of boy names! So it was backwards for us. Lol!

April said...

Congratulations Amy! I am so excited for you. Check out this website. It has a lot of great information. Her name is also Amy (so you know she has to be good :) )She is a friend of my aunts and a wonderful lady! She actually just published a book on having a peaceful birth. http://www.thebirthsource.org/ good luck!!!