Saturday, July 5, 2008

Kayaking

This morning we decided to go kayaking and it turned out to be more of an ordeal than we expected. We drove all the way down to the lake only to discover that we forgot a life jacket. Since we didn't want to risk getting caught by the rangers we turned around and drove back to get one. When we finally made it down to the lake it was so windy that we could hardly launch ourselves out into the water. Mom and Dad were on the tandem kayak and Madison and I shared the one-man kayak.

That was an adventure - with every slight movement we made the kayak threatened to tip and we were riding so low that water was spilling in over the sides. And on top of it all we were paddling directly in to the wind. Maddie and I were laughing so hard and making such a complainey ruckus that I was sure someone was going to run us over just to get us to shut up. Eventually, Maddie transferred to the tandem and we paddled to shore.


Once Maddie was on with the other guys it was WAY easier for me to maneuver. Poor Mad. She was smiling but she didn't want me to put that picture on because she thought she looked dumb.


I was trying to get people to smile and look like they were having fun (which they were) but for some reason they all look somewhat distracted...


Mom told Dad and Maddie to just let her get out and she would swim to shore. Here she is trying to fight the wind and Dad and Maddie going back to rescue her.

3 comments:

Anil said...

This blog thing is really awesome. It would be so fun to read our own blog after couple of years. I just realized this thing after seeing your mom's blog ( I don't know if it is bad to read others personal blog). I am really inspired from yours as well as your blog.

Linda said...

It was quite a fun adventure. And hey, I'm sure no one else heard your complainey-ness, as the "Saturday Night Fever" songs that were blasting from the docked boat drowned out everything else!

Maddie Cat said...

How true. And I was smiling really weirdly in that picture, okay?