Monday, February 16, 2009

Presidents' Day Adventure

For Presidents Day Mom, Dad, Maddie and I decided to have a little adventure on our bikes. We went down to the railroad tunnel trail down by the lake. It was a beautiful overcast day, although it did sprinkle rain on us for a bit. We discovered that the trail now goes all the way down to the Hoover Dam parking lot. However, us wimpy girls were very tired and sore on the way back up the canyon. Luckily we had Dad there to cheer us on and perform wheelies and honk his chucker call at us (may you never have to hear one!). We had a good time and the scenery was spectacular as usual. However, I decided that I desperately need some photography lessons because I only got one or two good shots out of the 50 or so that I took. It was a great opportunity for photos but I blew it with my ignorance. Oh well-next time I s'pose.



Dad getting ready for some serious mountain biking!













Mom and Dad enjoy a little break from our very strenuous outing.





The bikes that Dad got Maddie and me for Christmas.





I had some really cute ones of Madison but alas, they did not turn out well. Sorry Maddie!

3 comments:

Allyson said...

Glad you had fun. What is up with that darn chucker call??? Whoever gave that to dad should be punished!!;)

Amy said...

I agree, dadgummit!!

Elisabeth said...

Chucker call, eh? :)

Looks a punishing-sort of fun. ;)