Thanks to my dear friend Michael, I have discovered the wonderful and delectable world of sushi. Before he left to go live in South Korea, Michael and I would go out to eat a lot together. He and I are both adventurous eaters in families that are not quite as adventurous in their culinary tastes. That being said, I'm not suggesting that sushi is a totally out-there kind of food. I had just never had it before. So, now that my foods buddy and I are separated by about 6000 miles (not too bad, right?) I had to make some hasty substitutions.
Low and behold, food lovers were hiding right under my nose! Audrey, one of my best and oldest friends (not old...young... but, you know) and I have started Sushi Nights. About every Thursday we head over to a small little Japanese restaurant on Center St in Provo called Demae. Every Tuesday and Thursday all the sushi on the menu is 3.50 a roll and the nigiri is only 2.50 a roll. It's a lot of fun to meet new people and try new sushi every time. So far, I have had the hana roll, the Crispy roll (the best!), the Philadelphia, the salmon and yellowtail nigiri, the Alaska roll, and the eel roll. And there are still a lot of rolls to go. Love it. Gotta have it.
2 comments:
YUMMY!!!
Who is Michael? Where are you my long lost friend? Are you in provo? When do you come home? When can I come visit you?
ps this is Kaylee your old amazing roommate...not that I have lost my amazingness or anything like that
Post a Comment