Monday, September 21, 2009

Moments at work...

For those of you that do not know, I now work for a company called Callnet that is an answering service for businesses across the nation. I act as a receptionist for about 200 companies and take calls all day. It's a great job for a student because the people are nice, the hours are flexible, and I am able to work full time or part time depending on my class schedule. Since I am taking only online classes this semester, it is especially nice because I can do homework at work.

However, the catch is that I have to talk to some pretty interesting characters over the phone. Here is a choice moment so far:

me: How can I help you?

woman: I need to speak to Lanie please. Or Lindy? Or Lani? What's her name?

me: I believe you mean Lanie. May I have your first and last name before I transfer you?

woman: Oh...I'm sorry....um, I don't know that.

*sheesh*

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ha ha! You wouldn't think that was such a troubling question.

Elisabeth said...

lol. The joys of phone jobs. I had a couple of strange ones when I worked at OIT for a coupla years. But if anything, it makes for a great story, yes?