I know October is already half over but I just have to say that this is my favorite month of the year. I love Fall, I love Halloween, and let's be honest, I love my birthday too. I love pumpkins and I love dressing up in costumes, and I love the cool crisp (not yet too cold) air. I love to eat squash, and apples, and roasted pumpkin seeds, and I love watching Halloween movies. Thus said, I have been trying to compile a list of good Halloween/October/Fall movies to watch. Here it is so far:
- Hocus Pocus
- The Labyrinth
- The Haunting (old one)
- Arsenic and Old Lace
- What Lies Beneath
- Spirited Away
- Coraline
- Dragonfly
- The Prestige
- The Illusionist
12 comments:
You should watch The Uninvited. Its an old black and white and it is fabulous. and I don't even like scary movies.
You should watch The Uninvited. Its an old black and white and it is fabulous. and I don't even like scary movies.
The Spiral Staircase is good if you're looking for suspense... (Wait Until Dark is also good...) But, three other "lighter" favorites are: The Little Vampire; Blackbeard's Ghost and The Canterville Ghost (with Patrick Stewart). I'm also a fan of The Ghost and Mrs. Muir :) Here's "witching" you a Happy Halloween!
Not that it's particularly Halloweeny, but ASOUE seems like it would fit in...
I really like "Vertigo", "The Rope" and "Rear Window" by Alfred Hitchcock. Also, the one with Audrey Hepburn where she is the blind lady that keeps getting phone calls (I can't remember what it is called) is good too :)
I've only seen half those movies. I'd better get on the ball...
What about good old "The Nightmare before Christmas" and "The Corpse Bride"?
Here are a few suspense/thrillers I like: Cape Fear with Gregory Peck, The Mothman Prophecies (Highly underrated), Memento with Guy Pearce, Double Indemnity, The Others and last but not least Seven (This one is a little graphic). Enjoy.
I can't believe I forgot some of those. Cape Fear, Nightmare Before Christmas, Wait Until Dark. And I'm excited to see the new ones. Thanks!
Sorry Loretta, I just realized what ASOUE was. I definitely agree that it is Halloween appropriate.
Sorry, Amy. Sometimes I forget that not everyone's aware of our family shorthand and in-jokes. lol
Man oh man, my list is kinda lengthy... as you well know. I'll try and list ones that other peeps haven't yet. Blackbeard's Ghost, Buffy the Vamp Slayer, Dracula w/ Bella Lugosi, Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, House of Wax with Vincent Price, Edward Scissorhands, The Witches (Roald Dahl), Sorry Wrong Number
Post a Comment