Thursday, November 12, 2009
Hee-Haws
What is Fall without a corn maze and a pumpkin patch? Well, this was actually my first corn maze but we had a good time. The Saturday before Halloween Ashley, Sam, Abby, Anthony, Lamoni, and I met at Wendy's for lunch then drove to Hee Haw's. We were a little nervous because it was pouring down rain for a while but it got better when we arrived. Then we went to Sam and Ashley's for chimichangas, pumpkin carving, and the classic "Lost Skeleton of Cadavra."
I like to think that Martin has warmed up to me a bit by now. But for a while whenever I talked to him he gave me this face.
Us by the giant pumpkins. We thought about sticking around until the evening because there was going to be a "Pumpkin Drop." Apparently they hoist one of those pumpkins up with a crane and drop it on a car. Pretty sweet.
This was a giant pumpkin by the entrance.
Abby saw these and jumped right on. However this one was broken. Hence Abby's "what?" face.
We broke the rules and went off the path into the corn stalks to hide out.
Sam and Martin.
The giant hog monster! This thing was huge. I probably stood to the second rail from the top of the fence there. It had some name like Harvey, or Leroy or something. It was just chilling and chomping on a pumpkin.
The beautiful scenery. It had been raining but then it just became gray and chilly. All in all it was a good time:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the wonderful photos, Amy! I think you can appreciate how much it means for an "absentee" mom and grandma to share in the fun! Those are some amazing pumpkins and I love all you "punkins" too :o)
Looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment