Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I know I shouldn't laugh...

but I saw something pretty funny yesterday as I was driving to my apartment. There is a Burger King just up the street from where I live and as I was stopping at a light I looked over to see a Burger King worker standing on a ladder with a long pole putting up the letters on the advertising board. He was going slowly, carefully reaching up with the pole and the letter was almost in place...when it fell from the pole and dropped to the ground. I watched the poor man in my rear view mirror as he had to climb awkwardly down the ladder with the 10 ft pole and retrieve the lost letter. It was like one of those classic physical comedy moments from a movie. I must have a sick sense of humor but I smiled in pity all the way home.

3 comments:

K said...

I guess I have a sick sense of humor too, I laughed out loud as I read this :)

Linda said...

You cruel, cruel woman. At least it was "in pity." (So Patricia Wrede has a new book, eh?) Love you!

Amy said...

Kelly, I'm glad you laughed too. I considered taking this post off because I didn't think my humor would be appreciated:)