Suspense, mystery, historical accuracy, romance, character development, internal struggle: I recently finished this book and I must say, I loved it. It took me longer to finish than it should have because I've been super busy this last month but I absolutely loved this book. I loved Carter's character (based on a real person but I don't know how much is accurate on his persona). I won't go into too much detail because it was a complicated plot but for anyone that is a fan of historical fiction, mystery, magic and suspense, I highly recommend this book. The reason I thought about it today is that I had a dream last night that I was married to Carter (who looked like Lamoni) and he was putting on a professional magic show for my home ward in Boulder City. It was an amazing show and everyone kept saying how attractive Carter was and I kept thinking, yep - that's my husband:) Anyway, I hope my silly dreams do not detract from the awesomeness of this book. Carter Beats the Devil was one of the best reads for me this summer.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Carter Beats the Devil
Suspense, mystery, historical accuracy, romance, character development, internal struggle: I recently finished this book and I must say, I loved it. It took me longer to finish than it should have because I've been super busy this last month but I absolutely loved this book. I loved Carter's character (based on a real person but I don't know how much is accurate on his persona). I won't go into too much detail because it was a complicated plot but for anyone that is a fan of historical fiction, mystery, magic and suspense, I highly recommend this book. The reason I thought about it today is that I had a dream last night that I was married to Carter (who looked like Lamoni) and he was putting on a professional magic show for my home ward in Boulder City. It was an amazing show and everyone kept saying how attractive Carter was and I kept thinking, yep - that's my husband:) Anyway, I hope my silly dreams do not detract from the awesomeness of this book. Carter Beats the Devil was one of the best reads for me this summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment