Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bumstying Around...

Well, I guess it's time for another post since it's been almost a week. Nothing really exciting has happened since the last post. Saturday was a blast as usual - I went to Karate and then Sam and I went to the library and checked out several Japanese. We ended up watching Yojimbo (hear that Dad?) which was an awesome movie. I quite enjoyed it. In the evening, Abby and I had nothing better to do than bumsty around town and then go to a movie. We saw No Reservations and I highly recommend it because it was very good; much more substance to it than I expected. Sunday was good - I enjoyed playing Loaded Questions with Abby, Aunt Joy, Ashley, Sam, and our friend Kip (or Keeeeep, as Isabel refers to him as). It was a long, funny game - I'm pretty sure we didn't stop laughing for almost 3 hours straight.

Other than that, I've been frantically working on papers for various classes. I don't have any big exams during the semester, just papers and small tests ever few weeks. I like it better because it gives me a better chance of improving my grade but it sure keeps me on my toes. I'm planning on going to La Brioche, Ivan's family's bakery tomorrow, so I can take Argentine pastries to my Spanish class and hopefully bride my teacher into giving some extra credit. We're working on cultural stuff right now, so I'm sure he won't mind. I've also been trying to keep up with my Karate homework - 200 stomach punches, 200 knife-hand blocks, 60 round-house kicks, 40 push-ups - each day this week. It's grueling but I'll get through it. Besides, I can't wait until Karate this Saturday. I don't know if I've mentioned it but Saturday's pretty much my favorite day :)

4 comments:

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Dang! That karate homework sounds killer! I'm glad you are keeping busy and fit. Keeps you from being so homesick. Love you! (PS-The deleted comment was from me. I made a mistake, so typed it over.)

Allyson said...

Glad to hear about all your bumsty activities. I was just thinking today that I hadn't talked to you in a while. I will call you tomorrow if I remember. Good night. Love ya!

Susan said...

love the title of this post!!! I am glad you are staying busy and nice job keeping up w/the karate I should be doing something like that it would help take away my stress!