Sunday, October 14, 2007

Salt Lake

Okay, so I didn't take my camera but Ashley took a lot of pictures so when I get them from her, I'll put them on. This weekend Sam, Ashley, their friends Valerie, Mike, Whitney, and I went to Salt Lake to the Tracy Aviary. It was kind of cold and cloudy (like most Saturdays this month) but it was so much fun because there was hardly anyone there. There were all sorts of magnificent birds and the park itself was beautiful. My favorite bird was the vampire vulture that looked like the Harpy from The Last Unicorn. My other favorites were these crazy stork looking things with rock star hair/feathers. They were very friendly and the one danced for us.

After the Aviary we went to the Gateway (comparable to Henderson's District, only bigger). We looked in really expensive stores and ate at Costa Vida...hmm, flan. So then we walked around some more and spent a lot of time in this huge Barnes and Noble where I read a good portion of this really creepy book. It was good though because Halloween is coming up!

Okay, so now the fun is over and I have to prepare for my Humanities test which is on Tuesday. It's going to be incredibly difficult because even the TA during our review session couldn't tell us what's on the test because she didn't know how to explain the material well enough. And she kept giving us the wrong information for the art pieces that we have to know. Well, we'll see what happens.

7 comments:

Loretta said...

I've never had a class with a TA. Are they really common at BYU? How unfair that you have to go in to a test like that!

Allyson said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of the birds. Good luck on your test.

Linda said...

I had a class like that at BYU, Amy. It was called Environmental Biology and it is the only time ever that I had no idea what the professor was talking about at least half the time...I considered myself extremely luck that I got a B+ in that class...Good luck. We'll be thinking of you. Love you!

Amy said...

Yeah, a lot of my classes have TAs and you can go in to their offices and ask for help. I haven't had to go yet but I may if I don't do so well on this test.

Susan said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!

Good luck on your test!!!

Linda said...

How about you go in today and get the help you need BEFORE the test?? Just a thought...

Amy said...

Well, I would but this is the the class that the TA doesn't know what she's talking about.