I'm sorry that I haven't updated for a while but I've been really busy. That is not to say that I haven't missed you guys at home because it's been a really hard week. However, I got to see Dad and we went out to dinner twice and went to a movie too. It was a lot of fun and I wish I had a picture to go with it...
Saturday was fun too because I went to Karate (the highlight of any week) and then I babysat Isabel while Ivan was in school and Manda had to go to a meeting. She is such a cute kid. So then, Abby, Sam, and I went to the India Fest in Spanish Fork. At first we got so lost that we spent a little over an hour trying to find the Hare Krishna Temple; finally we stopped at a laundromat and asked some random guy how to get there. He told us to keep going down the road we were on and we couldn't miss it.
So we're driving through Spanish Fork (the main part of the city long gone) and there are fields and farms, etc, when all of a sudden we come around this corner and there's this huge, white, very Taj Mahal looking building on a hill with a couple hundred people surrounding it. It was really cool, and I was kicking myself that I didn't bring my camera but we had a good time walking around and buying stuff in the very reasonably priced gift shop. However, now my clothes and my purse smell strongly of incense (which really isn't that bad I guess) but it's kinda funny. And the best part is that I get credit for my Music class because I went to this India Fest. Sam and I said that we are definitely going back when it's not as crowded so we can get some of the food there and maybe more cool stuff (just what I need).
Anyway, that's about it. I'm almost caught up in my new classes (and by almost I mean I have about 200 more pages to read by this week's classes). Sorry that there are no pictures but I'll try to get some soon.
5 comments:
What do you mean it's been a hard week? Details, please!
Yes Details?
Love to read whats been going on I am glad you got to spend time with your Dad and the festival sounded like it was way cool. well I hope things well be better this week:) love you talk to you soon :)
Don't you love all of the reading that they give you in college? I swear that they give you at least 100 pages per class... it is like they are saying "see you are not smart, we are smart, you are not smart.." I don't think that I ever thoroughly read everything that I was supposed to but I did learn to be a very good skimmer :) Keep up the good work Amy, I am so proud of you!!!
I'm so happy you finally have a new post! Glad you had a good weekend after your hard week. Love you!
Post a Comment