Allyson, I think you should remember this book. I just had to share this because I couldn't believe that anyone would make a movie of the scariest children's novel I've ever read. Fortunately, although the animation looks slightly creepy, it will not be done by Dave McKean which will decrease the creepiness by at least 50% (I hope).
8 comments:
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! What the heck????? You just reminded me of this book and now I will probably have nightmares. Is there a trailer for this movie somewhere? Wait, never mind, I don't really want to watch it.
I didn't see any trailers but...yeah.
How come it's scary? What's it about? Please answer. I like scary books!
Love,
Julie
Its about this girl who finds this "other world" and she has another mother and father there. But the other mother is evil and in order to get back to the real world, Coraline must find what the other mother has stolen. It wouldn't be half so creepy if it didn't have the scary illustration that go with it. But I have it in my room if you want to borrow it Julie.
You should totally read it Julie. Then you will know why I have nightmare......
Just what I need. Something else to scare one of the girls into sleeping in my bed with me. ;)
This is David. So it's mainly scary because of the terrifying illustrations, in a "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" fashion? Man, talk about scary illustrations! And apparently that illustrator did a children's book that was an allegory about the Holocaust, because when I read it at the bookstore I was all "These pictures of animals committing genocide against other animals are just like those Scary Stories books, and they're freaking me out."
Well, yeah, its mostly scary because of the pictures but the story is scary too. There was this one part that didn't have any pictures but it freaked me out just because of the way he writes and the stuff he writes. I had to put on my church music in order to fall asleep.
Post a Comment